Liffey Sound FM will be holding a 1 hour panel discussion to mark UN International Day for eradication of poverty. The discussion focuses on the topic of poverty in families at local level, nationally and worldwide. Four representatives from various organisations will take part.
- Eoghan Rice, Head of Communications, Trócaire Ireland
- John Mark McCafferty, Head of Social Justice, St. Vincent de Paul
- Pippa Woolnough, Advocacy Campaigns Officer, Barnardos
- Noreen Byrne, Local Policing Forum Coordinator, North Clondalkin Community Development Program.
·Create awareness of the UN International Day for the Eradication of Poverty.
· To create awareness of poverty in Ireland and within our community.
·To express solidarity with the fight to eradicate poverty locally and globally.